We specialise in large-scale litigation, often with a multijurisdictional aspect.
Our international team acts for clients all over the world in a wide range of forums and jurisdictions.
We are especially ‘adept at handling multi-jurisdictional disputes and dealing with asset preservation and tracing issues’. (Legal 500 2021).
Chambers UK 2021 calls us: “an experienced and diverse team that allows the lawyers to bring different perspectives and expertise to cases.”
Our large team of specialist international disputes lawyers acts on many of the largest and most complex cases in the London courts, and many other disputes being litigated around the world.
Our deep experience of banking and other financial services litigation means we are often asked to bring claims against banks, hedge funds and other financial institutions or FTSE 250 companies where other law firms are conflicted.
We frequently advise corporates and professional individuals subject to claims arising from alleged breaches of their regulatory obligations, for example those imposed by the Financial Conduct Authority (see also FCA Investigations & Enforcement). We regularly assist with Trust Litigation as well as issues arising from Insolvency & Bankruptcy and in relation to shareholder disputes.
- Scion litigation: High Court dismisses defendant’s limitation application
- The Republic of Mozambique and the $2 billion tuna bond scandal
- Finding of corruption against Bernie Ecclestone concerning sale of Formula One.
- Representation of former owners of Liverpool Football Club in relation to its sale for £300 million.
- Acting for two British Virgin Islands companies, which were used as vehicles for a multi-million dollar investment, in proceedings concerning breaches of directors' duties.