Head of Commercial Litigation and Civil Fraud
“Highly recommended for his asset recovery practice and has extensive experience in multi-jurisdictional emergency procedures including asset freezing and search and seizure orders.” Who’s Who Legal
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats (AIJA)
- Association of Commonwealth Criminal Lawyers
- Association of Contentious Trust & Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
- British Nigerian Law Forum
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association (CFLA)
- Commercial Litigators Forum
- Competition Law Association
- The Voice of the Defense Bar (DRI)
Jonathan specialises in large complex commercial disputes, civil fraud and asset tracing cases with extensive experience in multi jurisdictional emergency procedures.
An experienced and skilled practitioner specialising in large complex commercial disputes, civil fraud and asset tracing cases, Jonathan has extensive experience in dealing with multi-jurisdictional emergency procedures including asset freezing and search and seizure orders. He has acted on a number of occasions as supervising solicitor upon the execution of search and seizure orders.
Jonathan’s work ranges from the conduct of internal investigations, competition litigation, advance fee frauds, the diversion of business opportunities and breaches of fiduciary duty to claims involving deceit, bribery and secret profits.
Jonathan’s international expertise was also identified in The International Who’s Who of Asset Recovery Lawyers: “Jonathan is a favourite with clients and a true expert specialising in multi-jurisdictional cases, asset freezing, and obtaining and executing search and seizure orders.”
In January 2014, Jonathan was recognised in The Lawyer’s Hot 100′ list in the litigation/regulation category. He is a Contributing Editor to Getting The Deal Through: ‘Asset Recovery’. Jonathan is regularly ranked as a Leading Lawyer by legal directories, Chambers and Partners research shows our clients praise Jonathan for his “calm and meticulous approach” and comment on his ability to provide “creative solutions ”. Jonathan Tickner is ‘a fabulous solicitor who quickly gains the clients’ trust’. Legal 500.
- Scion litigation: High Court dismisses defendant’s limitation application
- Servier – follow-on claim for damages of £250 million
- Acting for a defendant in a follow-on competition damages action
- Representation of former CEO of large Nigerian bank in £800 million fraud proceedings
- Reckitt Benckiser litigation
- Acting in connected Commercial Court claims with a combined value in excess of $400 million, subject to Kazakh law
To contact Jonathan please call:
+44 (0)20 7822 7766