We have decades of experience in cases involving all types of serious crime including human trafficking, extortion, murder and manslaughter, and we are noted for our private prosecution expertise.
Peters & Peters is “distinguished for its reputation as a go-to firm for high-profile individuals faced with serious criminal offences” and is recognised as a “superb firm with a brilliant team of outstanding individuals who have a vast range of experience representing individuals and entities in the most serious cases of crime”. (Legal 500 directory).
We represent clients at police station interviews through to trial The types of cases range from road traffic violations to murders including complex and politically sensitive investigations across the full criminal spectrum.
The unifying features are that our clients expect the highest possible levels of personal experience and client care. Our lawyers have in-depth, personal knowledge of investigative techniques and procedures.
Some of our team are former senior prosecutors who are able to give insight into how the investigators and prosecutors think, operate and make decisions, which is invaluable when advising strategically on criminal proceedings.
We enjoy a good working relationship with prosecution and investigation bodies such as the police, the Crown Prosecution Service, the National Crime Agency, HM Revenue and Customs and the Home Office.
Many of our cases involve acting for individuals, often publicly known figures who face potential professional and reputational ruin as a result of a criminal investigation.
It is our role to guide such individuals expertly through the complex processes involved and we have an impressive track record of persuading investigative and prosecuting agencies to drop their cases as well as securing not guilty verdicts at trial.
Our expertise includes:
- Representing clients at the police station
- Making representations that charges should not be brought
- Defending criminal proceedings
- Advising clients in relation to complaints against the police
- Advising on the interaction of criminal proceedings with Inquiries & Inquests
- Dawn Raids
- Theft, Burglary & Robbery
- Offences Against The Person
- Official Secrets Act
- Cybercrime & Data Theft
- Criminal Restraint & Confiscation
- Money Laundering
- Drug Offences
- Sexual Offences
- Murder & Manslaughter
- Road Traffic Offences
- Acting for a manufacturer in relation to a major disaster involving widespread loss of life.
- Prosecution discontinue proceedings against client charged with serious sexual offence.
- Firm persuades Metropolitan Police to close investigation into rape allegation and destroy client's DNA/arrest record.
- Firm provides criminal and extradition advice to Yemeni businessman in relation to UK murder investigation.