Jasvinder has over 20 years’ experience acting for high profile individuals and companies facing complex cross-border criminal and regulatory investigations. She is particularly skilled in dealing with cases involving individual/corporate rights and has a long track record of defending successfully in extradition, INTERPOL and asset seizure matters. Described as “A superb lawyer and meticulous in her preparation…an understated star” (Legal 500 2021), she is the 2020 winner of Legal 500’s Individual of the Year for Crime, Fraud and Licensing.
- Fraud Lawyers’ Association
- Defence Extradition Lawyers’ Forum
- Competition Lawyers’ Association
- American Bar Association
- Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Society of English and American Lawyers
- Advisory Board Member – Trade Sports, and Professional Associations Committee, ABA
- Trustee – Fair Trials International
Jasvinder started her career at Peters & Peters in 1998 and has been dealing with the full breadth of business crime and related regulatory and public law matters, including Independent and Public Inquiries and Inquests.
Jasvinder acts for individual and corporate clients based in the UK and abroad, in significant financial crime investigations. Aside from acting in domestic UK investigations brought by criminal enforcement agencies such as the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Conduct Authority and the National Crime Agency, her cases are often multi-jurisdictional in nature, involving numerous criminal and regulatory authorities. Consequently, she is particularly adept at coordinating criminal litigation advice on a global scale, especially in cases which are highly complex, high-profile and often politically-charged, and advising in parallel with foreign lawyers. She has extensive experience in dealing with cases that emanate from the UAE/Middle East, Far East, CIS countries, Eastern Europe, and South East Asia.
Jasvinder has a firmly-established expertise in criminal cartels, extradition/INTERPOL, mutual legal assistance, cash seizure/money laundering offences, corporate internal investigations, data protection and corruption matters.
In the area of criminal antitrust/cartels, Jasvinder has acted for clients facing investigation by the European Commission, US Department of Justice, Canadian Competition Commission and Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, and UK regulators, the Competition and Markets Authority, OFGEM and OFCOM.
Over more than 15 years, Jasvinder has built a well-known reputation for acting in high profile politically-motivated extradition requests from the Russian Federation and other territories, with consistent success. At the same time, she has developed many years of experience in dealing successfully with INTERPOL matters and has been invited to give evidence to the Council of Europe and UK Parliamentary Committees on the subject.
Chambers UK highlights her ‘extensive experience in cartel defence work’ and her ‘thriving extradition practice’.
Jasvinder has a flourishing practice in cash seizure and money laundering investigations under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. She also acts for approved persons in regulatory and criminal investigations by the Financial Conduct Authority, including UK nationals being investigated by the United States’ CFTC and Department of Justice. She acts in investigations by regulators in the context of the discovery of a $4bn debt and the collapse of the share price of a UK public listed company. Jasvinder also acts in the police investigation into possible corporate manslaughter offences arising from the Grenfell Tower fire tragedy.
As a renowned expert, Jasvinder is invited regularly to speak, write, and participate in working groups on her areas of expertise. Jasvinder was invited by the US government as a participant in the US Exchange Visitor Program on the US criminal justice system. She is contributing author to the book, The Law of Criminal Cartels (O’Kane, OUP). She also sits on the Advisory Board of the American Bar Association’s Trade, Sports, and Professional Associations Committee, and is a Trustee on the Board of Fair Trials International.
In Chambers and Partners 2021, Jasvinder is described as “hugely experienced.” “She is impressive and has impeccable judgement.” “She has an excellent rapport with clients – they really trust and look to her.” (Crime : Extradition).
In Legal 500 2021, Jasvinder is described as an individual who “strives to make sure her clients are protected and a rising star.” (Fraud: white collar crime); “ a superb lawyer and meticulous in her preparation. She’s an understated star.” (Crime: general); “outstandingly able and wonderfully imaginative.” (Regulatory investigations and corporate crime); “an exceptional lawyer- she listens to clients, understands their needs and is extremely responsive.” (Public international law).
Jasvinder is co-author of our recently launched Extradition UK blog site. The Extradition UK blog is a free to use service providing comprehensive and timely news updates in respect of extradition, INTERPOL and Mutual Legal Assistance. It provides coverage of key recent developments, procedures and cases relating to these areas of law, along with a range of static resources for those who wish to better understand the law and procedures. Subscribers will remain up to date with any new information or posts.
- Peters & Peters in “possibly largest ever” magistrates’ costs award in attempted private prosecution
- Peters & Peters successful in quashing private prosecution
- Peters & Peters successfully secures deletion of cross-border criminal conviction from the Police National Computer and European Criminal Records Information System
- Successful discharge of extradition to Russia Federation sets new assurance hurdles for requesting states
- Representation of former managing director in first cartel prosecution for four years
- Advice and representation to witness in FCA investigation
- Firm acts for major UK bank in relation to Libor rate fixing investigations in the UK, EU and US
- Firm acted for immunity applicant in CMA investigation
- Firm provides criminal and extradition advice to Yemeni businessman in relation to UK murder investigation
- Mutual legal assistance request leading to judicial review of the Secretary of State
- Unique plea agreement negotiated for senior executives involved in marine hose cartel
To contact Jasvinder please call:
+44 (0)20 7822 7753
- Business Crime
- Competition & Cartels
- Corporate Compliance
- Corruption & Bribery
- Criminal Fraud
- Criminal Restraint & Confiscation
- Directors’ Duties & Disqualification
- Employee Fraud
- Inquiries & Inquests
- Internal Investigations
- INTERPOL Red Notices
- Money Laundering
- Mutual Legal Assistance
- Regulatory & Disciplinary Investigations