Specialising in all aspects of business crime with extensive experience in cartel defence work, she is well versed in complex extradition proceedings and is particularly renowned for her successful handling of Interpol red notices.
- American Bar Association
- British Bankers’ Association
- Competition Law Association
- Extradition Lawyers’ Association
- International Association of Young Lawyers
- International Bar Association
- John Adams Society
Jasvinder has in-depth experience in advising corporate and individual clients in fraud-related matters, with a firmly established expertise in respect of extradition, mutual legal assistance, and corruption matters. Many of her cases have a strong international element. Jasvinder has acted for clients who simultaneously face investigation by the European Commission, US Department of Justice, Canadian Competition Commission and Australian Competition and Consumer Commission. She also advises corporate and individual clients as immunity applicants. Chambers UK notes her ‘extensive experience in cartel defence work’ and her ‘thriving extradition practice’.
Jasvinder has over 10 years’ experience acting for many high-profile Russian nationals in numerous complex extradition cases involving requests from the government of the Russian Federation. She has succeeded in preventing extradition in all those cases on a number of grounds, including political motivation, abuse of process and human rights. Jasvinder continues to advise individuals from a variety of regions in the world, who face potential extradition requests from other territories, including under the European Arrest Warrant scheme. She also specialises in advice on seeking the removal of Interpol Red Notices, with significant success. In 2013, Jasvinder participated in the US Exchange Visitor Program in relation to the US judicial system. She was invited by the US government in light of her expertise in white-collar crime and extradition, as one of a small group of specially selected individuals, representing a cross-section of key people in UK criminal law enforcement.
Jasvinder also advises in respect of cash seizure and forfeiture cases brought under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002, and has acted in cases involving allegations of corruption, money laundering, tax and duty evasion in professional disciplinary matters and in inquests and independent inquiries. She is instructed in two major UK case seizure matters, in both cases by a corporate entity. She continues to advise a significant UK bank in connection with the SFO’s investigation into the alleged manipulation of LIBOR.
In Chambers and Partners 2021, Jasvinder is described as “hugely experienced.” “She is impressive and has impeccable judgement.” “She has an excellent rapport with clients – they really trust and look to her.” (Crime : Extradition).
In Legal 500 2021, Jasvinder is described as an individual who “strives to make sure her clients are protected and a rising star.” (Fraud: white collar crime); “ a superb lawyer and meticulous in her preparation. She’s an understated star.” (Crime: general); “outstandingly able and wonderfully imaginative.” (Regulatory investigations and corporate crime); “an exceptional lawyer- she listens to clients, understands their needs and is extremely responsive.” (Public international law).
- Successful discharge of extradition to Russia Federation sets new assurance hurdles for requesting states
- Representation of former managing director in first cartel prosecution for four years
- Advice and representation to witness in FCA investigation
- Firm acts for major UK bank in relation to Libor rate fixing investigations in the UK, EU and US
- Firm acted for immunity applicant in CMA investigation
- Firm provides criminal and extradition advice to Yemeni businessman in relation to UK murder investigation
- Mutual legal assistance request leading to judicial review of the Secretary of State
- Unique plea agreement negotiated for senior executives involved in marine hose cartel
To contact Jasvinder please call:
+44 (0)20 7822 7753
- Business Crime
- Competition & Cartels
- Corporate Compliance
- Corruption & Bribery
- Criminal Fraud
- Criminal Restraint & Confiscation
- Directors’ Duties & Disqualification
- Employee Fraud
- Inquiries & Inquests
- Internal Investigations
- INTERPOL Red Notices
- Money Laundering
- Mutual Legal Assistance
- Regulatory & Disciplinary Investigations