Fraud & Commercial Disputes
We specialise in large-scale, multi-jurisdictional corporate disputes, often involving allegations of fraud, corruption or misconduct.
Our highly international team acts for clients all over the world in a wide range of forums.
We are especially ‘adept at handling multi-jurisdictional disputes and dealing with asset preservation and tracing issues’. (Legal 500 2021)
Our large team of specialist international disputes lawyers acts on many of the largest and most complex cases in the London courts, and many other disputes being litigated and arbitrated around the world.
We act for clients across a wide range of sectors including banking, manufacturing, insurance, finance, infrastructure and transport, life sciences and healthcare, real estate, hospitality and entertainment, sport, technology and telecommunications, media, professional services and government.
Because we are a 100 percent disputes firm with no transactional or non-contentious departments, we are almost wholly conflict free.
At the outset of a matter we devise a strategy to maximise the prospects of our client meeting their objectives as quickly and cost effectively as possible, whether by negotiating a commercial settlement, use of Alternative Dispute Resolution or by litigation.
Peters & Peters has an expert team able to assist clients involved in disputes subject to Arbitration.
- The Republic of Mozambique and the $2 billion tuna bond scandal
- Scion litigation: High Court dismisses defendant’s limitation application
- Finding of corruption in litigation against Bernie Ecclestone concerning sale of Formula One.
- Representation of former owners of Liverpool Football Club in relation to its sale for £300 million.
- Acting for two British Virgin Islands companies, which were used as vehicles for a multi-million dollar investment, in proceedings concerning breaches of directors' duties.