Head of International
Sources say Keith Oliver is a “very accomplished and experienced litigator” and also praise his negotiation skills, remarking that “if he can’t settle a case, no one can.” He has great depth of experience handling complex international fraud disputes, along with asset tracing and recovery. Chambers & Partners 2020
- Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats (AIJA)
- British Italian Lawyer’s Association (BILA)
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association (CFLA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
- British and Colombian Chamber of Commerce
- International Academy of Financial Crime Litigators
A renowned litigator and excellent practitioner, Keith is recognised as one of the world’s best investigative lawyers and leads the firm’s international strategy.
Keith specialises in commercial, regulatory and trust litigation, and heads the specialist commercial litigation and civil fraud and asset freezing team at Peters & Peters. He has spent his career specialising in international disputes and the location, freezing and recovery of misappropriated assets involving emergency relief procedures and the management of legal teams from many jurisdictions. His work often involves multi jurisdictional actions in the USA, continental Europe and worldwide. He is widely recognised as one of the UK’s leading lawyers in civil fraud with a reputation for addressing and resolving the most intractable of disputes and crises faced by individuals and companies.
He is consistently ranked as a ‘leading lawyer’ in both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners legal directories in the Commercial Litigation, Civil Fraud and Fraud categories, is a founding member and fellow of the International Academy of Financial Crime Litigators and has co-chaired the acclaimed C5 Fraud & Asset Tracing Conference series for over 20 years.
In Chambers and Partners 2021, Keith is described as “a strategic thinker who is very good at negotiating with other parties.” “He is extremely intelligent and focuses on unravelling a case into simple elements.” “Keith is a great leader who has deep experience in this market.” (Fraud: Civil).
In Legal 500 2021, Keith is described as “exceptional: not only is his experience unrivalled, not only are his international connections unrivalled; his enthusiasm and restless creativity in pursuit of his clients’ case is unrivalled too.” (Civil fraud and asset tracing); “a longstanding leader in the field with deep knowledge and experience. He’s a skilled litigator with a team behind him that punches above its weight and takes on all and any big-ticket litigation against big firms – clients love him.” (Commercial litigation and arbitration).
- The Republic of Mozambique and the $2 billion tuna bond scandal
- Saudi based company in proceedings brought against former employees for breaches of trust including the misappropriation of funds
- Finding of corruption in litigation against Bernie Ecclestone concerning sale of Formula One
- Representation of former owners of Liverpool Football Club in relation to its sale for £300 million
- Substantial shareholder dispute involving US consultancy and UK subsidiary
To contact Keith please call:
+44 (0)20 7822 7722