Head of International
“Brilliant work in getting very high-profile cases, and a wonderful communicator. Experienced, user friendly and good with clients.” Chambers & Partners 2015.
- Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats (AIJA)
- Association of Commonwealth Criminal Lawyers
- British Italian Lawyer’s Association (BILA)
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association (CFLA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association (IPBA)
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
A renowned litigator and excellent practitioner, Keith is recognised as one of the world’s best investigative lawyers and heads the commercial litigation, civil fraud and asset recovery department as well as leading the firm’s international strategy.
Keith specialises in commercial, regulatory and trust litigation, and heads the specialist commercial litigation and civil fraud and asset freezing team at Peters & Peters. He has spent his career specialising in international disputes and the location, freezing and recovery of misappropriated assets involving emergency relief procedures and the management of legal teams from many jurisdictions. His work often involves multi jurisdictional actions in the USA, continental Europe and worldwide. He is widely recognised as one of the UK’s leading lawyers in civil fraud with a reputation for addressing and resolving the most intractable of disputes and crises faced by individuals and companies. He is included in the list of the world’s leading investigative lawyers in Who’s Who Legal (Investigations 2015). He is described as ‘an excellent practitioner, a renowned litigator and much praised by clients and peers alike’.
Keith’s ‘outstanding talent’ as a litigation expert was recognised in The Lawyer Hot 100 (2012) and as one of the top 10 lawyers in the United Kingdom in the inaugural edition of Super Lawyers (2013).
Keith’s international expertise was also identified in The International Who’s Who of Asset Recovery Lawyers: ‘Keith Oliver receives international praise for his expertise in the field and is widely considered the ‘dean of the bar’.’ Oliver is relied on for his ‘sound and practical advice’ and is a ‘high-profile figure’ in the sector’.
He is consistently ranked as a ‘leading lawyer’ in both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners legal directories in the Commercial Litigation, Civil Fraud and Fraud categories.
He lectures and has delivered papers on asset freezing, financial regulation, insider trading, money laundering, whistleblowing, international asset tracing, abuse of process, jurisdictional issues and media coverage of high-profile trials and is the joint chair of the annual C5 Asset Tracing Conference held in London, Geneva and shortly Miami.
- Saudi based company in proceedings brought against former employees for breaches of trust including the misappropriation of funds
- Finding of corruption in litigation against Bernie Ecclestone concerning sale of Formula One
- Representation of former owners of Liverpool Football Club in relation to its sale for £300 million
- Substantial shareholder dispute involving US consultancy and UK subsidiary
To contact Keith please call:
+44 (0)20 7822 7722