“An emotionally intelligent and calm, deep-thinking litigator who gives extremely good advice while ensuring that the client feels well represented.” Chambers UK 2016
- Association of Commonwealth Criminal Lawyers
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association (CFLA)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA)
Sarah Gabriel is a partner specialising in asset recovery and in commercial litigation and arbitration. She also has wide experience of internal investigations and extensive experience of acting in and resolving disputes with HMRC. Sarah is ranked as an expert by Legal Expert and is included in the list of the UK’s leading lawyers in The International Who’s Who of Asset Recovery and in Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners.
Sarah’s particular expertise is in the fields of civil fraud. She is frequently called upon to advise in complex, often multi-jurisdictional fraud related matters, on behalf of both claimants and defendants. She has wide experience in asset tracing emergency procedures.
Sarah also acts on behalf of corporate and individual clients in commercial litigation and arbitration, both domestic and international.
Sarah has extensive experience of acting in and resolving disputes with HMRC.
Sarah is ranked as an expert for Fraud (asset recovery), Tax-VAT and C&E by Legal Experts. She is consistently ranked as a “leading lawyer” in Legal 500 in the Commercial Litigation and Customs and Excise categories. She is regarded as ‘outstanding’ and the ultimate ‘safe pair of hands’ in Chambers UK.
Sarah is a contributing editor and author of Getting The Deal Through: Asset Recovery in 18 Jurisdictions Worldwide, 2014.
- Employee fraud
- Internal investigation for household brand arising from criminal and regulatory allegations against major customer
- Saudi based company in proceedings brought against former employees for breaches of trust including the misappropriation of funds
- Success for client in leading European case on MTIC fraud
- Advice in relation to a dispute concerning a sale of a privately-owned software company
- Instructed by a FTSE 100 company to conduct an internal investigation
- Weavering Capital (UK) Ltd
- Protection against unwarranted enforcement of a judgment against multiple parties
- Firm acted for former director of Madoff Securities International in relation to largest Ponzi scheme of all time
To contact Sarah please call:
+44 (0)20 7822 7730