Helen has extensive experience in business crime and regulatory matters and is ranked as leading lawyer by Legal 500, she represents clients prosecuted by a range of financial authorities.
- Association of Commonwealth Criminal Lawyers
- Extradition Lawyers Association
Helen trained with Peters & Peters, qualifying in 1995. She was a partner from 2002 to 2008 and following a career break, re-joined the firm as a consultant in 2010 in the Business Crime team. She was appointed Managing Partner in May 2013.
Helen has vast experience in dealing with a very broad range of business crime and regulatory matters. She represents clients facing prosecution or investigation by a range of authorities including Serious Fraud Office (SFO), Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA), Office of Fair Trading (OFT) and now Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) and Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
Helen is a recommended lawyer by the Legal 500 for crime, fraud and licensing. She was also ranked as a “leading lawyer” by Legal 500 in the Financial Services and Crime categories and regarded as being “first rate, balanced and professional”.
- Prosecution discontinue proceedings against client charged with serious sexual offence
- Extradition to Russia halted on human rights grounds after robustly contested hearing
- Substantial costs award made following acquittal of client charged with dishonesty offences
- Mutual legal assistance request leading to judicial review of the Secretary of State
To contact Helen please call:
+44 (0)20 7822 7735