Acting in connected Commercial Court claims with a combined value in excess of $400 million, subject to Kazakh law
Peters & Peters acts for the first defendant in three linked sets of proceedings, in which aggregate damages of over $400 million are sought and which currently await trial in the Commercial Court. The cases concern fraud and banking issues, and have thus far involved multiple interlocutory hearings. Reported decisions in these matters are as follows:
-  EWHC 3618 (Comm) HHJ Mackie QC (Application to discharge of Freezing Order by D2)
-  EWCA Civ 381 LJJ Longmore, Elias & Jackson (Appeal by D2 and cross appeal by C)
-  EWHC 117 (Comm) Leggatt J (Application by C against D1, D2 and D3 to introduce new proprietary claims and freezing injunction – appeal by C to CoA pending)
-  EWHC 404 (Comm) Leggatt J (Correct approach to determination of interim costs order)
-  EWHC 996 (Comm) Walker J (Application for security for costs by D1)
+44 (0)20 7822 7759
Emma's experience is in fraud and competition law with particular interest in cases litigated in the High Court which are also of interest to the criminal and regulatory authorities in the UK and abroad. Emma was quoted in Legal 500 (2015) as being "Very Sharp"
+44 (0)20 7822 7784
A dual qualified English Solicitor / Russian Advocat, Galina is based in the Commercial Litigation, Civil Fraud and Asset Recovery Department. She has significant experience in multi-jurisdictional commercial disputes, civil fraud, extradition and Interpol matters.
James Le Gallais
+44 (0)20 7822 7781
James is a qualified barrister with experience and expertise in multi-jurisdictional allegations of commercial fraud and emergency interim remedies.
Head of Commercial Litigation and Civil Fraud
+44 (0)20 7822 7766
"Highly recommended for his asset recovery practice and has extensive experience in multi-jurisdictional emergency procedures including asset freezing and search and seizure orders." Who's Who Legal