Acting in connected Commercial Court claims with a combined value in excess of $400 million, subject to Kazakh law
Peters & Peters acts for the first defendant in three linked sets of proceedings, in which aggregate damages of over $400 million are sought and which currently await trial in the Commercial Court. The cases concern fraud and banking issues, and have thus far involved multiple interlocutory hearings. Reported decisions in these matters are as follows:
-  EWHC 3618 (Comm) HHJ Mackie QC (Application to discharge of Freezing Order by D2)
-  EWCA Civ 381 LJJ Longmore, Elias & Jackson (Appeal by D2 and cross appeal by C)
-  EWHC 117 (Comm) Leggatt J (Application by C against D1, D2 and D3 to introduce new proprietary claims and freezing injunction – appeal by C to CoA pending)
-  EWHC 404 (Comm) Leggatt J (Correct approach to determination of interim costs order)
-  EWHC 996 (Comm) Walker J (Application for security for costs by D1)
Dr. Vladimir Meerovich
+44 (0)20 7822 7762
A specialist in multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation and international arbitration, Vlad also has experience of acting in cases involving parallel criminal proceedings and investigations by the SFO.
+44 (0)20 7822 7759
Emma's experience is in fraud and competition law with particular interest in cases litigated in the High Court which are also of interest to the criminal and regulatory authorities in the UK and abroad. Emma was quoted in Legal 500 (2015) as being "Very Sharp"