Experienced in acting in serious fraud and financial regulatory matters, Rebecca has an excellent success rate in challenging Interpol Red Notices and securing deletion of information from Interpol’s systems.
- European Criminal Bar Association (ECBA)
- Fraud lawyers Association
- Female Fraud Lawyers Association
Rebecca acts on behalf of individuals and corporates across a broad range of fraud, white-collar crime and regulatory matters. Many of her cases involve acting for clients who are subject to investigations in multiple jurisdictions and by separate enforcement agencies (including the SFO, FCA, DOJ and SEC). The international nature of her work means that she is experienced in managing parallel proceedings and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of professionals.
Rebecca specialises in cases involving allegations of bribery and corruption (both domestic and international). Her experience includes: advising upon, and carrying out, internal investigations (including complex cross border matters) for multinational corporates across various sectors; providing advice on anti-bribery and anti-fraud compliance measures and programmes; and representing those facing enforcement action by prosecuting agencies.
Her recent cases include:
- Acting for a trader under investigation by the FCA, DOJ and SEC in relation to allegations of misconduct and market abuse.
- Acting for a CEO under investigation by the FCA for allegations of insider dealing.
- Acting for an individual concerned in an alleged fraud and the charging of undisclosed commissions in the banking sector.
- Securing the acquittal of the financial controller of a global company charged with offences of corruption for allegedly paying bribes in Nigeria, in a prosecution brought by the Serious Fraud Office.
- Internal investigations and compliance advice for multinationals and corporates both in the UK and overseas.
Rebecca’s related work areas include extradition, mutual legal assistance and Interpol Red Notice matters. She has an excellent success rate in challenging Interpol Red Notices and in securing the deletion of information from Interpol’s systems. Her clients include those subject to Red Notices issued by Dubai, Jordan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Libya and Russia.
Rebecca’s work also includes representation of individuals and corporates in public inquiry and inquest matters. Her public inquiry work includes representing a senior Metropolitan Police Officer in the Leveson Inquiry and (prior to joining Peters & Peters) assisting in the representation of the Gold Command team in the Stockwell Inquiry (shooting of John Charles de Menezes). She has also acted in high-profile inquests.
Rebecca was called to the Bar in 2007 and practised at the independent Bar until 2011 before joining Peters & Peters.
To contact Rebecca please call:
+44 (0)20 7822 7723
- Business Crime
- Corporate Compliance
- Corruption & Bribery
- Criminal Fraud
- Criminal Restraint & Confiscation
- Employee Fraud
- FCA Investigations & Enforcement
- General Crime
- Inquiries & Inquests
- Internal Investigations
- INTERPOL Red Notices
- Money Laundering
- Mutual Legal Assistance
- Unexplained Wealth Orders