Experienced in a wide range of fraud, white-collar crime and sexual allegations, Miranda has expertise in concurrent investigations in other jurisdictions.
- Association of Commonwealth Criminal Lawyers
- Female Fraud Forum (FFF)
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association (YFLA)
Miranda advises on a wide range of fraud, white-collar crime and regulatory matters and has particular experience dealing with cases that have concurrent investigations taking place in other jurisdictions such as the USA and Switzerland. Miranda’s recent experience includes:
- Representing a key individual in respect of the foreign exchange rigging investigation.
- Advising individuals and companies on FCA investigations, taking clients from the first stage of investigations to settlement negotiations.
- Representing an individual implicated in Libor investigation in both UK and USA.
- Representing an individual concerned in an alleged fraud against multinational corporations for the charging of undisclosed commissions in the banking sector.
- Representing an individual involved in the SFO’s corruption investigation into GPT/Airbus and Saudi National Guard.
- A City of London police investigation into a former consultant to the World Bank, under investigation for corruption in respect of World Bank funding.
Miranda has advised on the impact of financial sanctions on individuals and corporations. In relation to individuals this has included advice on whether specific transactions fall within EU/UK sanctions regimes, and prohibitions on dealings with designated persons. In respect of corporations, Miranda has also advised on financial sanctions compliance and monitoring.
Miranda has dealt with both European (EAW) and Middle East extradition requests.
Miranda is currently representing an individual challenging the listing of an Interpol Red Notice based on issues concerning politically motivated prosecutions.
Miranda is an experienced criminal litigator, having previously practiced at Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors in London. In addition to white-collar issues, Miranda is experienced in handling a range of general crime matters, including sexual allegations (adult, child and historic sex abuse), domestic violence and offences against the person. She advances the rights of her clients from an early stage by representing them through all stages of a police investigation, including interviews conducted under caution. As an experienced Court advocate, Miranda guides her clients through the complexities of criminal litigation.
Miranda is originally from Melbourne, Australia, where she practiced as a taxation solicitor at corporate level.
As a solicitor-advocate, Miranda has higher rights of audience (criminal advocacy), enabling her to exercise rights of audience in all criminal proceedings in the higher courts.
- Peters & Peters leads on global defence strategy for high profile Middle Eastern client linked to 1MDB Fund
- Successful negotiation with HMRC on investigation into arms brokering
- Policy and disclosure advice: Accounting and tax practice
- Representation of firm of accountants in relation to a police investigation into a former client for money laundering and terrorist financing
- Representation of traders in FCA Libor investigation
- Representation of former consultant to the World Bank on corruption allegations
- Firm achieves innovative and unprecedented settlement for pensions advisors investigated by the FCA
- Mutual Legal Assistance advice for persons concerned in high-profile criminal investigation in Iceland
- Most complex EU sanctions case ever
- Acting for a former Egyptian Minister and his wife, challenging their sanctions
- Removal of FCA warning notice for company providing investment bonds to High Net Worth Individuals
- SFO investigation into GPT Special Projects Limited
- Firm advises NGO on internal and external money laundering investigations
- Firm secures dismissal of restraint order and payment of client’s costs in international tax fraud case
- Representation of key foreign exchange trader in foreign exchange manipulation case