Jenny has extensive experience in business crime, complex fraud and corruption with particular expertise in extradition and mutual legal assistance, criminal constraint and confiscation.
- Chair of Extradition Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Association of Commonwealth Criminal Lawyers
- Bar Association of Commerce, Finance & Industry (BACFI)
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA)
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association (YFLA)
Jenny has considerable experience in acting for individual and corporate clients in a broad range of criminal proceedings. This includes not only complex fraud and corruption cases, but more general criminal matters, was well as prosecution experience; Jenny acted for many years for the complainant in R v Somaia, which is believed to be the largest private prosecution ever brought by an individual.
Jenny has particular expertise in extradition and mutual legal assistance, including many matters that involve politically motivated allegations. Many of her cases have a strong international element, and involve working with teams of professional advisors in multiple jurisdictions. She also regularly advises clients in the relation to removal of Interpol Red Notices.
Jenny has increasing experience in the field of criminal restraint and confiscation, including seeking the discharge of pre-charge restraint orders under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
Jenny also advises in respect of regulatory proceedings, including professional disciplinary hearings and inquests. She has acted in a number of cases involving issues of public law, and has experience in prominent and sensitive judicial review proceedings.
During her pupillage, Jenny assisted members of chambers on several high-profile criminal cases, ranging from serial murder to large-scale frauds. She also conducted many cases in her own right and has experience in handling both contested forfeiture and confiscation proceedings.
As an employed barrister, Jenny has full rights of audience in all courts.
- Prosecution discontinue proceedings against client charged with serious sexual offence
- Firm persuades Metropolitan Police to close investigation into rape allegation and destroy client’s DNA/arrest record
- Numerous extradition requests and Interpol Red Notices challenged for high profile Egyptians subject to post-Mubarak sanctions
- Substantial costs award made following acquittal of client charged with dishonesty offences
- Firm coordinates defence of Egyptian businessman in Swiss money laundering investigation
- Mutual Legal Assistance advice for persons concerned in high-profile criminal investigation in Iceland
- Acting for a former Egyptian Minister and his wife, challenging their sanctions
- Successful challenge to application for private prosecution against former Gibson Dunn partner for fraud and human trafficking
- Leading UK Bank in Interest Rate Swaps
- Firm persuades private prosecutor to discontinue proceedings against international credit card company