Hannah is one of the world’s leading female investigative lawyers with experience and expertise in business crime, corruption, private prosecutions, internal investigations, FCA regulatory issues and economic sanctions.
- Association of Commonwealth Criminal Lawyers
- Bar Association of Commerce, Finance & Industry (BACFI)
- Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA)
- Fraud Lawyers Association (FLA)
- Regional Representative (Europe) for the International Bar Association, Business Crime Committee.
- London Fraud Forum
Hannah is a partner with significant expertise in business crime. She advises on serious fraud, corruption, private prosecutions, internal investigations, FCA regulatory issues (civil and criminal) and economic sanctions.
Hannah was called to the Bar in 2001 and practised at the independent bar for five years. In 2006, she became a Prosecutor at the Serious Fraud Office before joining the Financial Services Authority’s (now Financial Conduct Authority) wholesale enforcement division.
Many of Hannah’s SFO and FCA cases involve complex financial transactions and/or multi-jurisdictional issues and she has worked closely with a number of overseas agencies including US Department of Justice. Her clients include global financial institutions, hedge funds and multinational corporate entities as well as executives and individuals. Her experience includes mutual legal assistance, extradition, plea bargaining, immunity, cross-border issues relating to compliance with compulsory disclosure orders and subpoenas, and managing extensive disclosure exercises.
Hannah has substantial experience of bringing private prosecutions (both prosecuting and defending), most recently acting for the complainant in R v Somaia.
She advises firms and individuals on a range of FCA regulatory matters. These have included insider dealing, market abuse, unauthorised trading, financial promotions, systems and controls breaches and investigations into the conduct of regulated individuals, including those with significant influence functions.
Hannah has conducted internal investigations for corporate entities as well as providing advice to multinationals wishing to assess the adequacy of their policies and procedures relating to financial crime, for example anti-bribery and corruption or economic sanctions.
In Chambers and Partners 2021, Hannah is described as “having the ability to win the trust of her clients and cut to the chase in matters.” (Financial Crime: Individuals).
In Legal 500 2021, Hannah is described as “being able to monitor cases with an iron hand in a velvet glove.” (Regulatory Investigations and Corporate Crime) ; and “as a standout member of the team”. (Financial Services: Contentious).
- Peters & Peters leads on global defence strategy for high profile Middle Eastern client linked to 1MDB Fund
- Internal investigation for household brand arising from criminal and regulatory allegations against major customer
- Representation of conglomerate in relation to international corruption investigation
- Firm advises private educational institution on potential compliance and contractual issues relating to the recruitment of students from countries subject to sanctions
- Advising a multi-national corporation on bribery and corruption issues
- Sanctions compliance programme for multi-national corporation operating in countries subject to stringent regimes
- Firm achieves innovative and unprecedented settlement for pensions advisors investigated by the FCA
- Instructed by a FTSE 100 company to conduct an internal investigation
- Weavering Capital (UK) Ltd
- Bribery and corruption review for a multi-national corporation
To contact Hannah please call:
+44 (0)20 7822 7752
- Business Crime
- Corporate Compliance
- Corruption & Bribery
- Criminal Fraud
- Criminal Restraint & Confiscation
- Cybercrime & Data Theft
- Employee Fraud
- FCA Investigations & Enforcement
- Internal Investigations
- Money Laundering
- Mutual Legal Assistance
- Private Prosecutions & Assisting Victims
- Regulatory & Disciplinary Investigations
- Sanctions and Export Controls